Friday, April 11, 2008

RSS

One good thing about RSS is that it is so easy to use. A great way of getting all the things you want to read in one place - my problem is remembering to logon and read them. Besides the Powerhouse Museums's picture of the day blog I have added feeds for the ABC Book Show, NYT Book Review, Tennis.com.au, About Contemporary Literature, ABC News and Yahoo News. Hopefully I will get time to download some of the broadcasts from ABC Book Show and NYT Book Review on to my IPOD.

I think it would be great to use this technology on the Library webpage to allow customers to feed in to book reviews and a blog of library events. I had a quick search and found some interesting blogs on marketing for Libraries which could be very useful.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I think we all need to learn to exploit the technology more to market and promote our libraries' services. If we can engage our users we're almost there!

Victoria