Sunday, April 6, 2008

Flickr public search problems

I uploaded some photos of my library to Flickr which was very easy. Even though I had made the photos public they were not being retrieved in a public search. Consulted a Flickr Help forum for some advice. The trick was to click on the 'Flag this photo' link and make sure the box 'Hide this photo from public search' was not checked. Obviously mine was. I made and saved the necessary change to each photo and now they are being retrieved in a public search. Took me quite a while to figure this out. I also requested my account to be reviewed (this was another suggestion from the forum) but am not sure whether this was a factor in the problem being solved.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Thanks for the tips, a few people have had that problem.

Leanne